Saturday, January 30, 2010

After the Open - well almost

It's Sunday morning and I'm crouched over my keyboard being a wimp. Can't write, can't do much except be sorrowful that Justine Henin lost in the final of the Australian Open. Serena Williams played well, but I find her unacceptable as a sportswoman. I watched the YouTube video of her bad behaviour at the US Open and I can't for the life of me see why they didn't throw her out or suspend her from playing in ANYTHING - except perhaps a playpen.

I am sick of highly paid sportsmen and women behaving badly. Just who the hell do they think they are? I am sure they're not under the kind of pressure that many people are - abused women, physical disabilities (the kind not engendered by their own actions) illness and economic deprivation. Certainly, they have their personal troubles, but whoever said 'Money doesn't buy happiness' is right. But it DOES buy peace of mind! I am sure I could be, or have a loved one be, sick a whole lot easier if I didn't have to worry about the household bills!

Enough of that! I'm taking my husband, Andrew, out for lunch today :D

We're off to the Art and Soul Gallery which has a splendid cafe!

Bye for now,

Diana

3 comments:

  1. Well, if it's any consolation, you wrote this blog post. I think you like blogging. I know I do, it's a good way to get things off your mind.

    ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P YAY normal channel 7 programming returns tomorrow ;)

    Hope the men's final gives you the result you hope for.

    Am guessing you aren't a Lleyton fan either then :)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete